11.19.2009

Quote...


...Response.
Like in high school? yess.

I was scared to do anything in the studio because it felt so claustrophobic. I wanted to be somewhere where things could happen and the subject wasn't just looking back at you.  
---Annie Liebovitz.
Studios, why oh why do you frighten me so much?  Perhaps it is the confined space, minimal freedom  and bright lights paired with a dull background. Typically such shoots do not spark my creativity. The Camera and I lack chemistry within the studio realm. Motel rooms, dark alley ways, fields of grass, anything really where there is history, a story to tell allows my modeling to come to life.  Hence my tribute "In Rooms" on my WEBSITE. Not necessarily "fashion" nor 'agency material', but rather my reason for modeling.  I am moved by vulnerability, raw emotion, grain, soft lighting and motels.

the sleazier the better.


My first shoot in a motel room.
the beginning of the end.


No comments: